We began as a church in 1929 when some members left what is now St Ninians Church of Scotland and set up Corstorphine United Free Church of Scotland. The new church wanted to take a stand on the separation of church and state- hence the split. The congregation met in The Neuk (now RS McColl) on St John’s Road for a year while they built a new building which was completed in 1930.
The church building was extended as the congregation grew including the addition of new hall in 1965. For almost 90 years our church has been a lively and active part of the Corstorphine community.
For more information about the denomination (or network) that we are part of please visit the United Free Church’s website.
In 2014 the church got a new pastor- Duncan Whitty and now in 2016 we are relaunching ourselves as Corstorphine Community Church. We believe God is doing a new thing among us and is leading us into a new season in our church’s life.